Saturday, January 15, 2011

Learn from me :) part 2

Part2: Brainpower!!

Unlike many girls, (fortunately) I took up a motivational course when I was 14 and the company is called Adam Khoo. Since then I started to believe in brainpower. I was very superstitious and judgemental before that. So I'm very very grateful that I get the chance to attend the course, for free! And this course makes me think of life in a positive way.

It was 3 days course and we slept in the mosque. I know... I know... You guys must be thinking that I'm pulling your legs, but you see the organization that sponsored about 30 teenagers and I was a Muslim organisation. So we have to be in the mosque for some reason *shrugs*

Mr Amin was one of the facilitators there. I remembered when he told us that being a successful motivational speaker is not easy because you have to do something inspiring or motivating like surviving from a tsunami or even escaped death. For normal people like you and I? Well... You have to be great at speech to be a motivational speaker @_@

Mr Amin also boast alot about his pay, it seems that whole experience we were with him, he's earning 10 cents per second!!! But then again, maybe he's lying :D

I still remember a story that Mr Amin told us... A group of scientists is trying to test the capability of the NBA player and they hired 2 teams to participate. Team red were given a pill called caffeine and team blue were given sleeping pill the night before their match. And obviously in the end of the match at the very next day team red could not perform and team blue performs very well. Team red told the scientists that they were unable to sleep right after the "caffeine" pill was given to them last night and that leads to the lack of sleep on the next day. And team blue said that the "sleeping pill" seemed to get them ready on the next day.
The scientists then announced that they have crossed labelled the pills. Which means team red actually had sleeping pill and team blue had caffeine. This experiment clearly shows that brainpower takes a full control of your mind and body. This is also called psychology.

Recently my brother broke down because he still couldnt decide what type of career he should pursue in and he is afraid that he made a wrong choice and not be successful. I told him the story above and told him not to ever start his sentences by "what if...", " I don't think I..." or "I'm scared that I could not..." instead he should start by saying " I will try my best...", "I'm going to..." and more. By changing the structure of your word actually changes the message that you are sending to your brain and you realised that you will get stronger emotionally and psychologically :)

If you keep up this habit people will start to look up to you, they are going to be mesmerized by your confidence and some might even mark you as a smart person :)

No comments: